Zeltrons were a humanoid sentient species whose skin varied in shades of red. Whenever a Zeltron became angry, his or her skin turned a deeper red. A Zeltron boy served as a youngling in the Jedi Order during the last decades of the Galactic Republic's reign and often sparred with the human youngling Caleb Dume. Lorica Demaris, who joined the Resistance, was a female Zeltron. Allegedly, the Zeltrons gave off pheromones that made people like them and had a calming effect. Although Demaris was unsure of the veracity of that belief, she did manage to calm down an angry Gigoran by petting her. At any rate, due to their unique nature, Zeltrons experienced amplified versions of the feelings of those around them, especially those they cared about.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "There are many situations where it's better to be matter-of-fact about how cosmopolitan the galaxy is; Skelly's supervisor is a Muun and young Caleb Dume's sparring partner is a Zeltron, but those were both cases where the facts of the characters' species were not really on the point-of-view character's mind."
- ―John Jackson Miller
Zeltrons were first created by Mary Jo Duffy, Kerry Gammill and Tom Palmer for the 1983 Star Wars Legends comic book Star Wars 70: The Stenax Shuffle. They were made canon in 2015, when author John Jackson Miller revealed that an unnamed Jedi youngling in his novel A New Dawn was a Zeltron through the book's production notes, which Miller released on his blog.
- A New Dawn (First appearance)
- Join the Resistance (First pictured)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 A New Dawn
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Join the Resistance
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars 70: The Stenax Shuffle
- ↑ Miller, John Jackson. A New Dawn production notes on Farawaypress.com. Farawaypress.com. Retrieved on April 1, 2015.