25 standard hours
312 local days
|Points of interest|
- "I never thought I'd find true love on Zeltros, and I didn't. What I did find was a double-jointed Zeltron cafarel named Lissahl who taught me the errors of monogamy. I might never leave!"
- ―Jiri Sools
Zeltros was a planet in the Inner Rim, and the homeworld of the Zeltron race. An opulent world, hedonism was the doctrine encouraged by the empathetic Zeltrons, and Zeltros was continuously in a state of never ending revelry. The Zeltron appreciation of beauty in its many forms led to luxurious art and architecture covering the world, and the galaxy's most wealthy favored Zeltros as a vacation destination. Many who came to the planet were taken in by the celebratory atmosphere and the powerful pheromones of the Zeltron people to the point they found it difficult to leave, and even planetary invasions often floundered in the face of Zeltros' planet-wide festivities.
In accordance with that species' reputation, Zeltros was known as a luxury world, where many went to vacation, owing to the planet's abundance of pleasurable facilities ranging from amusement parks to theatres, night clubs, and much more. There was almost always a planet-wide party occurring, and even when it wasn't, the Zeltrons were looking for a reason to throw one. Like Naboo, it was ruled by an elective monarchy.
The planet joined the Galactic Republic by 4,000 BBY. Despite its famous atmosphere of leisure, Zeltros maintained a substantial defense force, although it lacked planetary shielding and was susceptible to orbital bombardments. The planet was invaded twelve times in six centuries, the first invasion in 596 BBY and the twelfth battle in 4 ABY. The planet was never taken over by the Empire. To date, almost every invasion of Zeltros, save for a chain of three invasions shortly after the Battle of Endor, broke apart when the invaders made it planetside, the pheromones and party atmosphere overwhelming them.
Of those three, the first was an invasion by the insectile Hiromi, who succeeded in taking over a large kitchen in the royal palace (arguably because the Zeltrons didn't notice, or didn't care), before being interrupted by a successful invasion by the nearly emotionless Nagai, who were interrupted by a third invasion of the Tofs, their natural enemies, resulting in the Nagai (and the Hiromi) allying with the others on Zeltros (including several notable Alliance and Imperial members) to drive the Tofs back, resulting in one of the largest parties in history, no mean feat by Zeltron standards.
During the Second Imperial Civil War, the scarcity of items caused the output of Hutt Queen Jool's illegal activities to skyrocket, allowing her to build the Paradise cantina on Zeltros. She noted that the Zeltrons were great partygoers and were very attractive, two things from which her business would profit.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "One of a Kind" - Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 73: Lahsbane (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 90: The Choice (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 94: Small Wars (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 95: No Zeltrons (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 96: Duel With a Dark Lady (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 100: First Strike (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 103: Tai (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 104: Nagais and Dolls (First appearance)
- Star Wars 105: The Party's Over
- Star Wars 106: My Hiromi
- Star Wars Legacy 43: Monster, Part 1
- "ComicScan: Marvelously Silly Aliens" — Star Wars Galaxy 3
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Marvel Series"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- The Unknown Regions
- The Essential Guide to Warfare