Zephee was a female Ewok of Bright Tree Village on the forest moon of Endor. By the final years of the Imperial Period, she was the wife of Lumat and the mother of Latara, Nippet, and Wiley. In 4 ABY, when the Heroes of Yavin were presented to the Bright Tree tribe following their capture, Zephee stood observing from afar at the entrance of a hut. Zephee had gray fur and black eyes, and she often wore a red hood with beads. Occasionally, she also wore a black hood.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "It certainly wasn't much fun being an Ewok, either at Elstree or in the forest while we were shooting. Every so often, on the set, we had to peel them out of their suits and take off their specially designed sets of underwear, because they would be soaking wet, and send them (the underwear, not the Ewoks!) off to the laundry while they put on a spare set. I have a lot of respect for their endurance.""
- ―Howard G. Kazanjian
Zephee first appeared in the 1984 children's book The Baby Ewoks' Picnic Surprise, where she was only known as "Mama Ewok." She gained a proper name in Star Wars: Ewoks, an animated television series that ran from 1985 to 1986.
In 2013, however, Zephee was retconned into Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, when the digital card game Star Wars: Force Collection used a production photo of an Ewok holding a wokling. Said picture had notably appeared on the StarWars.com site as part of the Episode VI Classic Moments feature. Although that particular Ewok cannot be seen holding a wokling in the final cut of the film, she can still be spotted in the background, wearing a white belt at the entrance of a hut and scratching her right ear.
- The Baby Ewoks' Picnic Surprise (First appearance) (As "Mama Ewok")
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Haunted Village"
- The Haunted Village (book)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Travelling Jindas"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Curse of the Jindas"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Retcon)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition (Lumat's entry)
- "Where Ewoks Go to Retire"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Star Wars Stuff: Mini Catalogs Reveal Maximum Treasures"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 4
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Zephee (★★★))