The Zhaboka was an ancient weapon of the Zabrak, a species that hailed from the planet Iridonia. The Zabrak Sith Lord Darth Maul, who was active during the waning years of the Galactic Republic, modeled his personal saberstaff after this weapon. Maul's weapon was crafted from two lightsabers connected at their pommels, with activator controls capable of igniting either or both blades and specialized blade modulator controls.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Zhaboka first appeared in the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Sources such as Star Wars: Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice revealed the connection between the weapon and Maul's saberstaff. Both of these titles were part of the Expanded Universe, which was later re-branded as Star Wars Legends and no longer considered official canon. However, the reference work Star Wars in 100 Scenes, a canon guide released August 18, 2014 by Dorling Kindersley presenting one hundred hand picked scenes from both prequel and original trilogies of Star Wars films, stated in a note about Maul's saberstaff that it was based on a Zhaboka.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice