|Zillo Beast incident|
- "Why would the Chancellor want to bring the beast here? I know that he thinks by studying it, the knowledge could prove beneficial, but…from what you and Anakin reported on Malastare, it hardly seems worth the effort."
"I raised the issue with the Chancellor during the Battle of Malastare…without success."
"Well then, in that case, perhaps it's time we let someone else try."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu
The Zillo Beast incident occurred on Coruscant during the Clone Wars. After discovering the last known Zillo Beast after the Battle of Malastare, the Galactic Republic's scientific community and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine both desired to study the beast's invulnerable scales to create impenetrable armor for the Grand Army of the Republic. However, they decided to conduct this study on Coruscant, and subsequently transported the heavily-sedated beast to a facility.
Doctor Sionver Boll, throughout the course of her examination of the beast, found that she couldn't remove the Zillo Beast's scales without harming it, and thus Palpatine ordered her to kill it. During the attempted execution, the beast escaped and rampaged Coruscant City until it arrived at the Galactic Senate Building to avenge itself on the Chancellor. It was unable to, however, and was killed by a bombardment of poisonous gas from a number of LAAT/is, but not before killing and injuring a number of clone troopers and civilians.
The next day, the Zillo Beast's carcass was transported on a lift so that further research could be conducted on the body. As she was observing the transport of the body, Dr. Boll, much to her surprise, was ordered by Palpatine to clone the beast.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 6
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139