- "I make a classic dish—flash-fried zuchii with a tangy sauce. It's good. It's crunchy…"
- ―Sama Macoy describes her zuchii dish
Zuchii was a type of food that could be flash-fried. Centuries before the Battle of Takodana, The Devaronian chef Sama Macoy prepared a dish of flash-fried zuchii with a tangy sauce as her entry in the second round of a cooking contest to determine the next sous chef at the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana. Macoy, who worked in the castle's kitchens, had initially tried to make a tangy soufflé for the round, which required the participants to prepare food while being fired upon with stun bolts; however, the effect of the bolts caused the cook to mistime her whisking causing the soufflé batter to explode. Due to the rush in which Macoy had to prepare the replacement zuchii dish, its textures and flavors were inferior. Despite this she attempted to claim it was a good-tasting classic with a crunchy texture. After the Artiodac head chef and judge Strono Tuggs and his droid co-judges Carly and J'Nell tasted the dish they decided Macoy had lost the round and therefore was out of the competition.
Behind the scenesEdit
Zuchii first appeared in the short story "A Recipe for Death", which was written by Landry Q. Walker and released as part of the Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I anthology book on April 5, 2016.
- "A Recipe for Death" (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "A Recipe for Death"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary states that Strono Tuggs has been a fixture at Maz Kanata's castle for centuries by the time of the Battle of Takodana in 34 ABY. "A Recipe for Death" is set only twenty years after Tuggs starts working there and so must take place centuries before the battle.