- "Zygerrians, you say? No stranger to them am I. Thrived on Outer Rim slave trade for centuries did the Zygerrian civilization. Moved from system to system, abducting primitive beings for profit—even into the systems of the Republic. When ordered to cease, resist did the Zygerrians. Crushed their empire of bondage did the Jedi."
- "Ruined were these slavers, but refuse they did to change their ways."
Zygerria sold slave labor throughout the galaxy for thousands of years before the Jedi Order destroyed the Empire in a conflict. The Zygerrian slaver Darts D'Nar felt great resentment towards the Jedi Knights for this act and longed to take revenge for his people.
Nevertheless, despite their empire being shattered, the Zygerrian trade continued in the form of the Zygerrian Slavers Guild. During the Clone Wars, the Zygerrians plotted with Count Dooku and the Confederacy of Independent Systems to bring back the royal slave auction, a tradition of the old Empire. To this end, they kidnapped Togruta colonists from the planet Kiros.
Although the Zygerrian Slave Empire had no organized military, they used shock whips, Aurore-class freighters, thermal annihilator bombs, Zygerrian blaster rifles, Zygerrian Freighter-class vessels, slaving collars, and a Zygerrian space station. They were also provided with B2 super battle droids, B1 battle droids, AAT driver battle droids, BX-series droid commandos, droidekas, sniper droidekas, Flitknot speeders, and Armored Assault Tanks by the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"